Have you boarded the Burrata bus yet? Are you sailing on the sheet pan ship? What about the Gnocchi…er…Gondola? With this sheet pan gnocchi with burrata, I’ve got all your food transportation needs covered. (As in, transporting delicious food…to your mouth.)
(I know…groan. I just can’t help myself.)
Truly, if you aren’t doing sheet pan dinners yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? They are an AMAZING way to get a beautiful, delicious dinner on the table with little mess. Burrata + Gnocchi is an unbeatable combo, and the easy Italian spices add so much flavor.
Gnocchi is a super easy pasta made with potatoes, and it’s usually naturally gluten-free (check the label to be sure)! Use the gnocchi from the pasta aisle – frozen gnocchi won’t work with this recipe.
I recommend a mild or sweet Italian sausage for this recipe, especially if you’re serving kids…unless you really love spicy sausage!
To make clean-up easier, I like to use a silicone baking mat like this one to line my sheet pan.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Burrata Recipe Ingredients
All you need to make Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Burrata are a few additional ingredients – meat, veggie, and healthy fat – and Italian spices! The recipe comes together quickly and deliciously every time.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- Mild Italian sausage
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil (optional)
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Burrata Recipe Q&A
Can I use frozen gnocchi for this recipe?
Unfortunately, frozen gnocchi won’t work for this recipe! Grab the gnocchi from the pasta aisle for best results.
Is gnocchi gluten-free?
Since gnocchi is made from potatoes, it is GENERALLY gluten-free! There are exceptions, however, so be sure to check the ingredients label.
Do you recommend a particular spice blend?
Any Italian blend will do, but I love this Organic Italian Spice Blend. You’ll also get some great flavor from pre-made Italian sausage.
Do I have to use Burrata?
No, but a nice, melty cheese is best with this recipe! Mozzarella would be my top recommendation.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Burrata
The sheet pan meal is QUEEN of easy, impressive, delicious dinners, and gnocchi + burrata are a royally delicious combo. Enjoy!
- 1 package (17.6 oz) gnocchi (found in pasta aisle)
- 1/2 lb asparagus, stems removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb whole cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground sweet or mild Italian sausage (depending on spice level you desire)
- Burrata - 2, 4 oz pieces
- Optional fresh basil for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease your baking sheet with oil of choice.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic and italian seasonings.
- Place gnocchi, asparagus and cherry tomatoes onto your baking sheet and pour oil, balsamic and spice mixture all over, then mix to coat evenly. Spread out veggies and gnocchi over pan evenly.
- Pinch small balls of sausage off and place evenly throughout veggies and gnocchi on the sheet pan.
- Place in oven and roast for approximately 25 minutes or until gnocchi is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place burrata balls on sheet pan at opposite ends, then burst them open allowing the cheese to run over the veggies and gnocchi.
- Spoon into bowls for serving and top with salt and pepper to taste and optional fresh basil.
*Most gnocchi are naturally gluten free - but make sure you read ingredient labels to confirm!
*you can omit burrata if going dairy-free or replace with your cheese of choice - the more gooey the better!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 856mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.