Certain things just speak for themselves. Say the minor details, and an immediate, visceral reaction is simply guaranteed.
When i say Channing Tatum, for example.
Yeah. See? I don’t need to say anything else. I know what you’re thinking.
Other things that need very little discussion:
Getting the picture?
So when I say butter, cinnamon and smoked paprika, I’m expecting a similar reaction. There’s not much else you need to know about what goes in to these savory roasted pecans. See? Inside, you’re thinking ahhhh. Yes. Yesyesyes.
Actually, you might want to know one more thing: this is a really easy recipe, and the end result is massively impressive and delicious.
Make them for a big party, or for a one-person party that consists of you, yoga pants, and a DVR filled with RHONJ episodes. Enjoy.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted (unsalted or salted both work)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or salt to taste)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter with salt and spices in a dish large enough to toss pecans.
- Add pecans and toss to coat with the spice mixture.
- Scoop pecans from dish and spread across parchment paper in a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes, then flip/move pecans around on the baking sheet to ensure they don’t burn. Bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and enjoy!
- No seriously. Allow the pecans to cool. Otherwise, they’ll just taste like burning.
Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
I told my friend the other day that when I meditate, I am suddenly on a nude beach in Panama with Channing Tatum and a bottle of freezing cold Veuve-Cliquot.
And with that, you win 🙂
Yes!!! I love pecans. Thanks for this!
I love pecans and Channing Tatum… *winning* 😉