Facebook has been a pain lately. (I know, I’m shocked too.)
What was once my best, easiest, most FREE vehicle to talk to my peeps (that’s you, btw. Yep, sorry. I’ve made you be my friend) has now become a place where you’ve got to pay to play. If I want to connect with you, my best shot is to “boost” (or, PAY FOR) my posts to be put into your news feeds. Otherwise, any post I create will reach – if I’m lucky – about 10% of those who want to see it.
Quite frankly, since Facebook allows me to reach anybody at all for FREE, I’m perfectly willing to pay something for the privilege of using their platform. I’m darn grateful for it. But at this point, to “pay” to reach ALL of you, it would cost me nearly $200. PER POST.
And that makes me feel like this:
Who do they think I am? The Dowager Countess of Downton Abbey? DO THEY KNOW HOW MUCH GRASS FED BEEF I CAN BUY WITH $200?
And as much as I GET the concept of buying friends (helLO, I was in a sorority!) I really, really want to find a better way to virtually “hang” with my peeps. I want to chill in a place where everyone who wants me, gets me; where we don’t have to pay the Piper to get our friendship on.
So I thought about it. And thought about it. And thought about it. No, I won’t get off Facebook. But I’m going to ADD something new.
Something that will allow me to connect to the people that WANT TO CONNECT WITH ME, without this crazy social media middleman. Something that allows me to repay YOU for the privilege of being connected.
Introducing…Email Mondays & BIG NEWS alerts!
This is different from anything I’ve ever done.
This isn’t a feed of blog post updates or a spammy pitch machine.
This is where I commit ONE UNIQUE POST on the first MONDAY of every month to my Email subscribers. It’s content that ONLY SUBSCRIBERS WILL GET, delivered straight to your inbox.
Translation: start the month with a hefty dose of AWESOME.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Brand spankin’ new content that is EXCLUSIVE to Email subscribers.
- How-tos, why-tos, and brilliant thoughts from my mind-tank.
- Posts and videos that appear NOWHERE ELSE on the internet. I want you to get something MAJOR in return for trusting me with your Email address, and you-exclusive content is it!
- A quick-reference list of the previous months’ posts, in case you missed somethin’ on the blog.
- When it’s relevant, I’ll send you Email Mondays OR the occasional EXTRA emails letting you know of major happenings in the Real Food world, so you don’t miss them.
Here’s what you WON’T get:
- Random pitches and marketing blather. I want NOTHING from you but to deliver awesome content that you don’t have to dig through the internet for. If something’s truly awesome, or a new program pops up that I truly believe in, I’ll let you know about it – but no hard sells or smarmy sales pitches that only exist to make somebody else money.
- A major award. (Sorry.)
So sign up to get your Email Mondays & Big News Alerts! Click here to sign up.
Considered migrating to Google+? In many ways it is better than Facebook.
Oh man…if I had an assistant, I’d try learning a new social media outlet 🙂
I tried to sign on and got the message that I was already signed up for the Cave Girl Eats newsletter. So will I automatically get the emails on Monday? Looking forward to them:)
This Monday is the first one – you should absolutely get it, but if you don’t, just let me know and I will send it directly to you and get the signup situation all worked out! 🙂 Thanks for being signed up!
FRA-GI-LE….must be Italian. Love this idea!
Sounds like fun! Now I have a reason to look forward to Mondays. heh
Ah dang, I resisted signing up for yet another email list until I saw ‘how to eat sardines.’ You clearly know my weakness. Looking forward to Monday! I have some tins of sardines at the ready (:
I promise this list will be worth it! Let me know if you ever want to guest-post 🙂 You know I support your stuff!
Thanks, I’d love to! Maybe this summer when I actually have time to write again (: My blog’s been a little lonely for the past month and a half.