Remember – If you’re enjoying these podcasts, please leave us a review in iTunes. Thanks!
Episode #32 focuses on questions we commonly receive from female listeners – but that does NOT mean No Boys Allowed! This information is applicable to all listeners!
- The Balanced Bites Podcast will now be released on THURSDAYS.
- Liz is now a member of the Balanced Bites team! Welcome, Liz!
- We’re thrilled to have taken the Balanced Bites Workshops to the next level! Read about them here, or find one near you here!
Remember – utilize the Search Box on the blog! Many questions may be answered already, and the search box means NO WAITING for your question to be picked for the podcast!
- Find Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms When My Lab Tests Are Normal? on Amazon.
- Diane’s book, Practical Paleo, is ranking high on Amazon’s Hot New Releases! Pre-order now to guarantee the lowest price. Find it HERE.
- Check out the Guide To Paleo Foods – FREE download!
- Chris Kresser’s The Healthy Baby Code – purchase access here.
- Helpful guide: The Gluten Guide
- April 14, 2012: Balanced Bites Workshop in Frisco, TX – register here!
- April 21, 2012: Balanced Bites Workshop in Cherry Hill, NJ – register here!
- May 5, 2012: Balanced Bites Workshop in Houston, TX – register here!
- Paleo approaches to birth control & family planning
- How sugar intake affects menstrual cycle length and regularity
- Fertility & Pregnancy diet
- Pregnancy, water retention & constipation
- Pregnancy food aversions
- PCOS & thyroid problems: should I go “Paleo” or just gluten free?
#2: How sugar intake affects menstrual cycle length and regularity
#3: Fertility & Pregnancy diet
For women who are planning to get pregnant, how much in advance should she and her partner ideally start following an especially nutrient-dense diet, what foods should they focus on, what supplements, etc.?
#4: Pregnancy, water retention & constipation
Pregnancy, water retention, and constipation: I retain less than your average “preggo,” I think, but it’s still noticeable in my feet (and now that I’m almost 9 months, my fingers). And constipation started a couple of weeks ago, and nothing is really helping me get back to feeling normal.
#5: Pregnancy food aversions
So, I’m now 7 weeks pregnant. I was doing great on “Paleo” before getting pregnant. I was losing weight very slowly but still losing. I was getting healthier. My skin improved (cystic acne) when I finally got around to pulling out dairy. I loved not having to eat every 2 hours to keep my blood sugar out of the toilet. And I did not miss the scatterbrained effect of blood sugar instability. Now that I’m pregnant, I can’t seem to eat much of anything except lettuce, tomatoes, fruit and cheese. I can’t even stand the smell of all of that grass-fed lamb we’ve got in the freezer. I can get down a couple of eggs once in awhile. I’m freezing all the time because I can barely eat anything. I’m thinking maybe I could get some goat cheese. That might be less problematic than bovine cheese. I’ve even been sneaking in some grains just to keep from starving! Do you have ideas or suggestions? I’m not so gluten intolerant that a muffin sends me to the restroom, but after a few days of gluten I start having constipation. Legumes are really problematic for me.
#6: PCOS & thyroid problems: should I go “Paleo” or just gluten free?
Diane & Liz