Get my Email Exclusives!
Subscriber-only goodness delivered straight to you.
Real Food Liz/Liz Wolfe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. An underlined hyperlink denotes a sponsored, affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link from which I earn or have earned a fee. For more information, click here.
So this is easy and delicious. Which is the whole point of…everything.
I want to stress how delicious this truly is. Like, really stress. Unlike most of my kitchen experiments, it's not pleasantly-flavored mush or pleasantly-burned cardboard. I did a good job. Yay!
Many folks know that I support Steve's PaleoGoods and their non-profit, Steve's Club, as Nutrition Advisor and Ambassador. That's part of my “Real World” work. Because I can't
sit stand here and crush this blog aaall day, mmkay? Sometimes I have to sit stand here and crush Game of Thrones work.
To support this fabulous company and their mission, I had the brazilliant idea to use their line of PaleoChef dressings and marinades. They're pre-made, flavorful, and I know they're good to Paleo-go.
But, in a pinch, you can use any sriracha sauce you like. Whole Foods has “clean” options – you just have to read those labels.
Or, ya know – just order some PaleoChef. (You won't regret it.)
What you'll need:
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbs-ish clean, crap-free Sriracha Sauce (like PaleoChef) – enough to lightly (or heavily) coat cubes. Avoid any with soybean oil or other weird junk!
- 1 Tbs-ish Coconut Oil – enough to lightly coat cubes
What you'll do:
The basics: you'll toss the sweet potato in a mixture of melted coconut oil and Sriracha sauce. You'll bake it. Then you'll eat it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a baking sheet (or a strip of aluminum foil, or a baking dish. Whatever) and a mixing bowl.
- Toss the sweet potato chunks in 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil in the mixing bowl until coated.
I don't always like coconut flavor, so I go with the steam-deodorized oil from Tropical Traditions* because it doesn't smell like coconut. According to my sources, this process does NOT damage the oil.
- Add the Sriracha to the mixing bowl and toss, again, until coated.
- Roast the coated sweet potatoes on the baking sheet for 30 minutes-ish. (Roast means: put the chunks of sweet potato on a baking sheet in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. SPACE THEM OUT so they can breathe – otherwise, they'll steam rather than roast. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION. If they start to burn, you've “ish-ed” too long. Lesson for next time.)
Want more? Try my Email Exclusives!
Stay in the know & get exclusive subscriber-only goodies!