Remember – If you’re enjoying these podcasts, please leave us a review in iTunes. Thanks!
Episode #69: Talking nutrient synergy with Dr. Chris Masterjohn!
UPCOMING EVENTS: The Balanced Bites Workshop with Diane & Liz!
Saturday, January 19, 2013 | Los Angeles, CA 9am-5pm at DogTown CrossFit Click here to register.
Sunday, January 20, 2013 | San Diego, CA 9am-5pm at CrossFit Elysium Click here to register.
NEW! Saturday, February 2, 2013 | Oceanside, NY (Long Island) 9am-5pm at O-Side CrossFit Click here to register.
Sunday, March 9, 2013 | Washington, DC 9am-5pm at CrossFit Metro Center Click here to register.
Remember that all events are open to the public, you do not need to belong to the hosting gym to attend!
Opening chat: What do we mean by nutrient synergy?
- Meal construction before (vegan/vegetarian) and after (WAPF/Paleo)
- Vitamin B12 & how it works with other nutrients, benefits of eating all parts of an animal
- Liver, sacred foods, vitamin A toxicity & nutrient synergy
- Vitamin D toxicity & modern life: should we be worried?
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil vs. Fish Oil
- Enhancing immunity during flu season
LINKS: Chris’s website: Cholesterol and Health
Chris’s blog: The Daily Lipid
Chris’s Special Reports: Cholesterol-And-Health.Com
Special Reports will feature in-depth coverage of the following critical concepts:
- The requirement for essential fatty acids is at least eight times lower than you’ve been told, and even modest excesses can be harmful.
- Crucifers — friend or foe?
- Your most potent weapon against heart disease may be a long-ignored and thoroughly misunderstood vitamin found in the foods in which you would least expect it!
- Iron — oxidant or antioxidant?
- Myths and truths about nutrient density and the critical importance of animal foods.
- The truth about beta-carotene as a source of vitamin A: the nefarious effects in ferrets of dangerous beta-carotene supplements, the virtues of virgin palm oil, and the low-down on liver.
Click here to support Chris’s work and to order his Special Reports!
Click here to download this episode as an MP3. The episodes are currently available in iTunes, Stitcher & Blog Talk Radio.
Thanks for listening!
Liz & Diane