This recipe for Blueberry Pistachio Chicken Salad isn’t really a recipe. I mean, it doesn’t have the finesse and hoity-toityesse of most recipes out there. It’s simple, healthy and really darn easy.
I guess those are my requirements when it comes to what I’ll eat. Not only because I’m now a busy, overwhelmed, tired, sleep-deprived mom also juggling a one-woman business, but because I’m really no good at recipes anyway.
Well, I’m great at eating them, but creating them? Not so much.
I’ve been doing a ton of salads recently – the protein-dominated kind, usually (because lettuce-dominated salads are about as filling as a shot of water). I’ll usually use fish – Vital Choice sardines or wild-caught tuna are my top choices – or chicken. Here, I used chicken.
Even though this couldn’t be more simple, I went ahead and made you a recipe post anyway. In case you’re just really excited about a step-by-step.
The short version: combine a few things, dump (that’s an official recipe blog term) some clean mayo in, mix, and you’re good for the week. My favorite option for “cleaner” mayo is Tessemae’s!
- 1lb. chicken thighs or breasts, boiled 25 minutes and shredded
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, chopped (or more if you want)
- 1/2 cup (or more) shelled pistachios (salted or unsalted), roughly chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (or to taste) clean mayo
- Mush everything together and enjoy.
- (No seriously. It’s that easy.)
Thanks for reading, and happy eating!