Get my Email Exclusives!
Subscriber-only goodness delivered straight to you.
Real Food Liz/Liz Wolfe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. An underlined hyperlink denotes a sponsored, affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link from which I earn or have earned a fee. For more information, click here.
The last few weeks I've eaten at least 2 dozen of these sausage & veggie egg muffins. They are so simple and so good.
I've been an egg muffin lover for awhile (this is me acknowledging that “egg muffin lover” sounds completely dirty), but until Colleen, our household jack-of-all-trades who we hired to help us with everything because, #help, came about, I hadn't made any in awhile. In part – and I know this is a dumb excuse – because I ran out of muffin cups.
I told you I knew that was a dumb excuse. I KNOW THIS.
But then we got this silicone muffin pan (<that's an affiliate link) and it cracked open (egg pun!) the egg muffin world for us again. This pan makes them so easy to make, remove, and store. Plus, no muffin cups on autoship, no extra trash, no more excuses.
These egg muffin cups are perfect for parents that are always on the go, fixing meals, wiping noses, cleaning boogers off of closet doors (don't ask) … and then forgetting that they need to eat too.
These keep in the fridge for around a week. Remember, egg yolks have some amazing nutrients like choline, vitamin A, and cholesterol that support healthy hormones, immunity, and even mental health. Eat the Yolks!
- 8 eggs
- 16 oz sausage (Vital Choice sells phenomenal sausage from humanely-raised pigs)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (sauté first if you like softer peppers - I like a little crunch)
- 1 cup cubed & boiled russet potato
- ½ cup cheese (or dairy-free cheese) - optional
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the potato into ½ inch cubes & place in boiling water until soft (a few minutes). Set aside.
- While potato is boiling, cook sausage on the stovetop. Drain drippings.
- Mix potato, sausage, bell pepper, cheese, and seasonings together.
- Whisk the eggs together, then combine eggs with other ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 20-25 minutes, or until center is firm.
Want more? Try my Email Exclusives!
Stay in the know & get exclusive subscriber-only goodies!