Real Food Liz/Liz Wolfe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. An underlined hyperlink denotes a sponsored, affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link from which I earn or have earned a fee. For more information, click here.
On this episode of the Modern Farm Girls Podcast, we talk with Lydia Sission of Mill City Grows.
- Mill City Grows
- Urban food production initiative in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Farming comes with constant challenges and solutions
- Lowell community snapshot
- Holistic look at urban food production
- Mobile Market
- Community Gardens
- Food subsidies
- Educational programming
- Relearning to cook from scratch
- Education at the heart
- Preserving traditional food cultures
- Farm to table cooking class with families
- Goals of Mill City Grows
- Daily Table in Dorchester
- Cedar's Hummus
- Barriers to health eating
- Community food assessment
- Advice for a future activist
- Food Activist Handbook – by Ali Berlow
- Urban food production as a positive force
Thanks for listening!
Want more? Try my Email Exclusives!
Stay in the know & get exclusive subscriber-only goodies!