An underlined hyperlink denotes an affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link. For more information, see the disclosure at the end of this page or click here to learn more.
Real Food Liz/Liz Wolfe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. For more information, click here.
On this episode of the Modern Farm Girls Podcast, we talk with Lydia Sission of Mill City Grows.
- Mill City Grows
- Urban food production initiative in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Farming comes with constant challenges and solutions
- Lowell community snapshot
- Holistic look at urban food production
- Mobile Market
- Community Gardens
- Food subsidies
- Educational programming
- Relearning to cook from scratch
- Education at the heart
- Preserving traditional food cultures
- Farm to table cooking class with families
- Goals of Mill City Grows
- Daily Table in Dorchester
- Cedar’s Hummus
- Barriers to health eating
- Community food assessment
- Advice for a future activist
- Food Activist Handbook – by Ali Berlow
- Urban food production as a positive force
Thanks for listening!