Real Food Liz/Liz Wolfe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. An underlined hyperlink denotes a sponsored, affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link from which I earn or have earned a fee. For more information, click here.
On this episode of the Modern Farm Girls Podcast, we talk with Doniga Markegard of Markegard Family Grass Fed Ranch.
- Markegard Family Grass Fed Ranch
- Wildlife tracking
- Wilderness emergence program
- Tracking in the US versus tracking in Africa
- Tracker Resources- Paul Rezendes, Mark Elbroch, Tom Brown, Jr.'s Tracker School
- Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness
- From tracking to ranching
- Holistic Management
- Ranch in the Bay area of San Francisco
- Raise grass fed beef, lamb, pastured pork and poultry
- Children on the ranch
- Ranch's business model
- Drought in California
- Meat CSA model
- Demand for offal
- Put it on my “tab”
- Tech community as customers
- No advertising
- Belted Galloway Cows- Oreo cookie cows
- Experimenting with rabbits
- Multi species grazing
- Demand for goat meat in San Francisco
- Life without goats is not as much fun
Thanks for listening!
Want more? Try my Email Exclusives!
Stay in the know & get exclusive subscriber-only goodies!